Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #8: Bumped

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that "spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating."

So this week I'm waiting on...

Bumped by Megan McCafferty
(Amazon / Goodreads)
Publication date: May 1st 2011

Goodreads description:

When a virus makes everyone over the age of eighteen infertile, would-be parents are forced to pay teen girls to conceive and give birth to their children, making teens the most prized members of society. Sixteen-year-old identical twins Melody and Harmony were separated at birth and had never met until the day Harmony shows up on Melody’s doorstep. Until now, the twins have followed completely opposite paths. Melody has scored an enviable conception contract with a couple called the Jaydens. While they are searching for the perfect partner for Melody to bump with, she is fighting her attraction to her best friend Zen, who is way too short for the job. Harmony has spent her whole life in religious Goodside, preparing to be a wife and mother. She believes her calling is to bring Melody back to Goodside and convince her that “pregging” for profit is a sin. But Harmony has secrets of her own that she is running from. When Melody is finally matched with the world-famous, genetically flawless Jondoe, both girls’ lives are changed forever. A case of mistaken identity takes them on a journey neither could have ever imagined, one that makes Melody and Harmony realize they have so much more than just DNA in common.

I've seen this book around other lots of times, but I never read the description - I thought it was just another teen-pregnancy-novel, which, honestly, I'm getting kind of tired of. But then I did read the description, and it sounds great! It sounds like the perfect mix of dystopia and a character-driven plot, which I love.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

7 comments:

  1. This one has tempted and teased me all around the blogosphere...hope you're going to love it!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I'm looking forward to reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pick!!! I am so anxious for this book. I have recently gotten into dystopian novels and this just struck me as one I will love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe it or not, I'm getting kind of sick of dystopia! Still, this one sounds unusual enough that I'll check it out. Great pick!

    My WoW: http://maggiesbookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-everybody-sees.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...