Saturday, March 26, 2011

On My Wishlist #10: Lipstick Apology



On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City where you can talk about a book you want to read but haven't actually bought yet.

My pick for this week is...

Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley
(Amazon / Goodreads)

Goodreads description:

When Emily Carson's parents die in a plane crash, she's left with nothing but her mother's last words scrawled in lipstick on a tray table: "Emily, please forgive me."
Now it's fall and Emily moves to New York City where she attracts the attention of two very different boys: the cute, popular Owen, and her quirky chemistry partner, Anthony. With the help of some surprising new friends, Emily must choose between the boy who helps her forget and the one who encourages her to remember, and ultimately heal.
Debut author Jennifer Jabaley has written a wonderful, feel-good romantic comedy with real emotional depth. Full of lovably wacky characters, Lipstick Apology is a heartwarming story about the true meaning of forgiveness.

I've seen this one around a few times, and it sounds great! I love the title, and the story sounds like a perfect mix of grief and romance - perfect for me. I hope I'll get to read it soon!

What's on your wishlist this week?

4 comments:

  1. wow! That sounds like a great read, I'm adding it to my tbr pile! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good - I desperately need ideas for a YA romance challenge this year, it's going on my list of possibilities! It's nice to see a comedic take on something like this and not the usual woe-is-me version.

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive never heard of this book, but the cover is beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...