Friday, March 25, 2011

Follow Friday #7 / Book Blogger Hop #7

 

Follow Friday is a weekly feature hosted by Parajunkee's View. Each week, one blogger is featured, and this week it's Rebecca at Confessions of a Page Turner (I love that name for a blog!)


It also asks a different question each week. This week's question is: "Give us five book related silly facts about you."

1. I always have a book with me, even if I'm just going to the corner store, and I read everywhere - on the bus, between classes, in the bath tub...it's kind of getting on my friends' nerves, though, when I'd rather read than talk to them...

2. When I buy books in the same series or by the same author, they need to be by the same publisher and in the same binding. It's kind of annoying - if I start a series late and buy the first one in paperback, then I have to wait until the next one is released in paperback before I buy it. Oh, and some authors have a few books published by one publisher and a few by another and I absolutely hate that, even though I know it's stupid.

3. I really hate it when the spines of the books I own have cracks, so I only open them as little as possible. If someone borrows my books, though, and they don't do that...well, I get kind of upset, even though (again) I know it's ridiculous.

4. I hate e-books. Reading on the computer just isn't the same as having an actual physical book in your hands, and I hate how so many now read so much on their Kindles or whatever.

5. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I love book covers. I wouldn't buy a book just because I like the cover, but if the plot sounds interesting and I don't like the cover at all, I won't usually read it, even though I hate that about me.

Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy for Books and is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word.

This week's question is: "If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?"

That's a hard question - there's so much to chose from! But if I had to chose, I'd probably take one of Sarah Dessen's books. I know I'm being superficial, but the girls are always so relatable and normal, but they always get the perfect guy. And if I had to chose from Sarah Dessen's books, I'd take The Truth About Forever, because, well, I sort of have a crush on Wes - he's just so perfect!


That's it for my answers! What about you? Leave your answers or links in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. I always make sure to take the book Im currently reading everywhere with me in hopes that I will have a chance to read if I am left waiting anywhere. I hate reading from my laptop because my eyes get so tired, and i dont own a an ereader because I like actual books! I am a cover whore, I love just looking at them and sometimes i will add books to goodreads just because I love the cover!

    here's my ff
    http://paranormallyromanced.blogspot.com/2011/03/book-blogger-hop-5-follow-my-book-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

    My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

    But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read The Truth About Forever, but I have read some of her other books! I need to get on that one day. :) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I hate breaking the spines too. It drives my family crazy how careful I am with my books.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting choice...haven't heard of these books.

    Hope you have a fun hop.

    My answer has three choices...stop by if you like.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping over from the hop. I was reading through all of your reviews and I jotted a few books down that I am definitely going to have to checkout. Such a great honest blog. Have a great day and enjoy the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lord! All of those bookrelated facts about yourself could just as well have been written about me! I'm just a obsessed as you with having the same binding and publisher for books in the same series. It bothers me too when they change it. Nowadays I also almost never let anyone borrow my books, because they usually get home all cracked and sloppy...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...