Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #15: Books on My Summer TBR



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish with a different topic for a top-ten list each week. You can find out more about it here.


The links will take you to the Goodreads pages.


This week's topic is:


Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR List


There is a ridiculous amount of awesome books coming out this summer, so narrowing it down to 10 was almost impossible, but here are the 10 summer releases I'm most excited about!




1. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick


The cover for My Life Next Door is gorgeous, and it just sounds so good. It sounds like the perfect book for me, and Katie from Katie's Book Blog said that this one was as good as Anna, which means I'm definitely reading it - I believe the world desperately needs more books like Anna and the French Kiss!


2. Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham


This one just sounds like so much fun. I'm not even sure why, but I have a feeling this book will be amazing.


3. If I Lie by Corrine Jackson


I have been pining for this book forever. I love books about guilt and big decisions like this one, and wow, If I Lie just sounds so good. Corrine Jackson is awesome, and I'm sure her book will be awesome, too.


4. Speechless by Hannah Harrington 


After Saving June, I'll read anything Hannah Harrington writes. And of course the stark and beautiful cover and intriguing description don't hurt, either.


5. A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger


I loved The DUFF, and while I still haven't read Shut Out (I suck), I can't wait for another book by Kody Keplinger!




6. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols


Jennifer Echols's books are very hit-or-miss for me, but all the early reviews have been crazy good - lots of people have said it's their new favorite of her books - so I'm hoping Such a Rush will be a Jennifer Echols books I'll love!


7. Flawed by Kate Avelynn


There hasn't really been much buzz about this one, but I for one am super-excited for Flawed! I love books dealing with issues like this one, and the cover is gorgeous.




8. Amelia Anne Is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield


Everything about this book sounds amazing. Combining mystery with romance/coming-of-age bascially guarantees I'll read your book.


9. Two or Three Things I Forgot to Tell You by Joyce Carol Oates


This cover is gorgeous, and it just sounds perfect for me. I love books about grief and secrets and intrigue.


10. Fingerprints of You by Kristen-Paige Madonia


I'm not sure what it is about this one, but I'm dying to read Fingerprints of You! Another be-yoo-tiful cover, and a story I know I'll love.


Wow. Making this list made me even more excited for summer - I just want to scream "I'M SO EXCITED!!!" Basically, this summer is going down in history as The Summer of Epic Contemporary YA Releases. It is entirely possible that I will go broke from buying too many books - if I suddenly stop blogging, it's because my parents killed me for maxing out their credit card buying these books. Or because I got arrested stealing from the bookstore. 


So these are the summer releases I'll be devouring in the following months. Are you as excited as me for these awesome summer releases? What will you be reading this summer?

7 comments:

  1. I have Midnight Summer's Nightmare, but I haven't gotten to it yet! Everyone is telling me how great of an author she is so I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Yes, blogging has definitely made me buy a lot more books too ;) And I'm with you: the world needs more books like Anna and the French Kiss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Someone else who loves the cover of Speechless! I have heard it get called boring and cheap, but I think it's striking and classy:) And My Life Next Door sounds good too-I was a bit skeptical at first, but Katie's review is what actually made me want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah @ Breaking the BindingJune 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM

    I just ordered "My Life Next Door", so hopefully it should be here tomorrow or Thursday! I've see it on a lot of people's tbr lists and I can't wait to get started.


    Great list! Here's mine: Top Ten Summer TBRs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read Such a Rush and My Life Next Door! I hope you get to read all the books on your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Some of these are also in my summer TBR pile. The rest i need to check out.

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My life next door sounds really good! I should add it to my TBR :D
    My Top Ten Tuesday: http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/top-ten-tuesday-summer-to-be-read.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...