Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #16: Characters Who Remind Me of Myself



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish with a different topic for a top-ten list each week. You can find out more about it here.


The links will take you to my reviews, if available.


This week's topic is:


Top Ten Characters Who Remind Me of Myself or Someone I Know In Real Life


I'm just going to do characters who remind me of myself because I'm selfish like that.


1. Lily from The Absolute Value of -1 by Steve Brezenoff


I didn't love everything about this book, but I did love Lily, so much. Something about her quirky, weird way of thinking just resonated with me.


2. Emma from You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith


I definitely do not identify with all of Emma, since some things about her pissed me off to no end, but some of her insecurites and thoughts are the exact same ones I have.


3. Lio from Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah Moskowitz


The entirety of Gone, Gone, Gone feels like Hannah Moskowitz went into the darkest places of my mind, took those thoughts I don't even admit to myself, and put them in a book.


4. Natalie from Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian


Lots of stuff about Natalie pissed me off, but I couldn't really blame her, because sometimes, I'm judgemental like that, too.


5. Beatrice from How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Natalie Sterling


Beatrice is one of my favorite MCs of all time - she's just so real! Her insecurities and her weird way of thinking remind me so much of myself.


6. Calla and Daisy from The Summer of Firsts and Lasts by Terra Elan McVoy


Calla is who I am now and Daisy is the insecure, awkward 13-year-old I used to be.




7. Macy from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen


This list wouldn't be complete without a Dessen girl - all of her characters are so, so easy to relate to, and Macy is the one I connected with most.


I couldn't think of more than seven for this list - sorry! What are some fictional characters that remind you of yourself or someone you know?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved Bea from How to Say Goodbye in Robot. I don't know if she reminds me of myself, exactly, but she is so quirky and witty and amazing! She is certainly memorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it but I haven't read any of the books you mentioned! I'll have to fix that, starting with Sarah Dessen. I've heard she's great.
    You did a great job with your list. I couldn't do myself, so I just did characters for people I know. And I still couldn't come up with ten!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...