Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 Favorites: Favorite Underrated Books


For the last week of 2011, I'm not posting any of my normal reviews, etc. but do some lists of my favorite books of 2011. You can check out the earlier posts in the series here.

Today, I'm making a list of my favorite underrated books - as in, books that I loved but haven't gotten the attention they'd deserve. Since I read a lot of popular books, this list isn't all that long, but I wanted to showcase the few underrated but amazing books I did read this year.

The links will take you to my reviews.


It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini


This is an amazing book - one of the most hopeful, life-affirming messages I've ever read. It definitely hasn't gotten the attention it deserves - seriosly, read this book.


Inconvenient by Margie Gelbwasser


Inconvenient tells such a beautiful story. The writing is great; really, really impressing for a debut. More people need to read this one, too!




Teenie by Christopher Grant


Teenie doesn't really have one set topic that will immediately have people add it to their wishlists, but really, that's what makes it so amazing - Teenie can be whatever you make of it. It's one of my favorite coming-of-age stories.


Positively by Courtey Sheinmel


The whole story of Positively is heartbreaking and beautiful - a twelve-year-old girl whose mother died of AIDS and who's struggling with HIV herself. The strong, innocent MC makes this a tragic but hopeful novel.


I know, it's kind of pointless to make one of these lists for just four books, but I wanted to make sure these books got some more attention.


If you've read any of these books, did you like them as much as I did? What are some books you'd recommend people probably haven't heard of?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...