Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 Favorites: Favorite Couples


For the last week of 2011, I'm not going to post any of my normal reviews, etc. but do some lists of my favorite books of 2011. You can check out the earlier posts in the series here.

Today, I'm making a list of my favorite couples.

The links will take you to my reviews.


Anna and St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Even though everyone's already read it, I just had to put Anna and the French Kiss on this list. Anna and St. Clair are adorable together. The ups and downs are so realistic, and you can't help but root for them to end up together. 


Amy and Roger from Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Amy and Roger have such amazing chemistry, and their romance is swoonworthy. I thought their romance would have seemed forced, since they only really know each other for a few days, but the development of their relationship is natural and realistic, which is really important to me.


Jenna and Cameron from Sweethearts by Sara Zarr

I'm not sure whether these two belong on this list, since they're not really a couple, but their relationship is too amazing not to mention. Their bond is stronger than any relationship I've read about, and their story is just so honest and beautiful.

Bianca and Wesley from The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

Bianca and Wesley's relationship is really different from the typical YA romance, and I absolutely loved it. How their friends-with-benefits relationship slowly develops into something more is so sweet, and I loved how the two of them interact.


Harper and Jake from Saving June by Hannah Harrington

I absolutely loved Harper, and Jake is swoonworthy but flawed enough to be realistic. Their relationship is so realistically slow I kept wanting them to get it over with and kiss, and when I want the relationship to move faster, that means the pacing is just right.

Maya and Lochan from Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

It feels so, so wrong to put this book on the list of my favorite couples because, well, it's incest, but I just loved Maya and Lochan so much. The way they truly care for one another is so sweet, and my heart went out to the both of them. 


Nick and Norah from Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

Nick and Norah's chemistry is amazing. These two together are positively swoonworthy. Somehow, even though the book only covers one night, it seems like their romance develops gradually and naturally. I loved the whole idea for Nick & Norah´s Infinite Playlist and the unique beginning and development of their relationship. I can´t even think about these two without smiling - this whole book just made me happy, made me want to hug somebody. These two are just so adorable!


Brittany and Alex from Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Even though the idea is clichéd, Brittany and Alex's relationship is amazing. I love how they're so different on the outside but still have so much in common and are actually really similar, and the way they interact is just so much fun.

Colin and Lindsey from An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

What made me put An Abundance of Katherines on this list isn't really the couple; it's more of the different idea of looking at love - trying to create a theorem to predict how long a relationship will last is such an interesting concept. That's not to say I didn't like the couple, though - Colin and Lindsey are adorable together. And since John Green can make anything work, this is a really fun read.

These are my favorite couples from the books I've read this year. If you've read some of them, did you love them as much as I did? What are some of your favorite book-couples?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...