Monday, December 26, 2011

2011 Favorites: Favorite Book Covers

For the last week of 2011, I'm not going to post any of my normal reviews and posts, but do some lists of my favorite books of 2011. These are going to be sort of like top ten lists, but I can't promise there'll always be exactly ten books on each list. These lists have nothing to do with books that were published in 2011; they're just books I read this year.

So, for my first of these posts, I'm going to be talking about my favorite covers of the books I read in 2011! I know, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but, well, I do - I love book covers. This is mainly about the covers, but I won't put a book on this list if I love the cover but hated the actual book.

The links will take you to my reviews.


Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler

I love the whole idea of the heart made out of seaglass, and the colors of the heart are so beautiful! It's great how the cover ties into the actual story, with the meaning of the seaglass and the red one and everything - I love when book covers tell you something about the actual book, or when you can only really understand the cover once you've read the book.




North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley

I'm not usually a fan of covers with just a model's face, but for this one, it totally works. How the girl's hair covers her right cheek to hide her birthmark fits the story so well, and I love the compass, which also plays an important role in this book. (I don't know how well you can see the compass like this, but it looks really cool on the real book.)



Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr

This cover is so sad and beautiful at the same time! The flower is gorgeous, and that one petal falling down... I just love it! It portrays the atmosphere in the book perfectly.






But I Love Him by Amanda Grace

I didn't want to put this one on the list along with Twenty Boy Summer since the ideas are so similar, but I love both covers so I just put them both on the list. And this one is kind of different, with the black background and all. Again, I love how the cover ties into the story here, with the heart Ann gives Connor and what it means. That, and it's just so pretty!




Hold Still by Nina LaCour

This cover is plain gorgeous - it's even more beuatiful in real life than just on a picture. I love the colors, and I love how the model is running, making part of the picture look out of focus because of the title - I just love it!








By the Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters

This one isn't as obviously beautiful as the rest of these covers, but it's so, so startling. The black and white picture with the red rose petals catches your attention, and the look in the model's eyes tells you everything you need to know about this book.




I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler

I kind of have a thing for Sourcebooks Fire covers - they're all gorgeous, and this one's no exception. I love the colors, the idea with the flower, and the title in the bubble. It's not just the cover, though - Sourcebooks Fire's entire design is so pretty. I don't even know what it is about them, their style is just perfect for my taste.








What do you think of all of these covers - do you love them as much as I do? What are some of your favorite covers of 2011?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...