Saturday, April 02, 2011

On My Wishlist #11: A Love Story Starring My Dead Best Friend



On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City where you can talk about a book you want to read but haven't actually bought yet.

My pick for this week is...

A Love Story Starring My Dead Best Friend by Emily Horner
(Amazon / Goodreads)

Goodreads description:

For months, Cass has heard her best friend, Julia, whisper about a secret project. When Julia dies in a car accident, her drama friends decide to bring the project - a musical called Totally Sweet Ninja Death Squad - to fruition. But Cass isn't a drama person. She can't take a summer of painting sets, and she won't spend long hours with Heather, the girl who made her miserable all through middle school and has somehow landed the leading role. So Cass takes off. In alternating chapters, she spends the first part of summer on a cross-country bike trip and the rest swallowing her pride, making props, and - of all things - falling for Heather.

The title caught my eye, and it sounds like it will be a good mix of grief and romance! I hope I'll get to read it soon!

What's on your wishlist this week?

6 comments:

  1. I keep passing that one by I really need to pick it up, Great Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! Hope you get it soon.

    Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very different book. I too feel the need to add this to my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this sounds like something different. It took me a minute to get past the awesome title of the musical though. The props for that have to be pretty cool. I hope you'll get to add this to your TBR pile soon!

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting book. This week's featured wish is about washing dishes Come see why I added it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hannah - new follower from Goodreads. This book sounds unusual. Unusual is good :) I'll look forward to your review.

    http://ruthsteven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...