Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #24: Authors Who Deserve More Recognition


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish with a different topic for a top-ten list each week. You can find out more about it here.

This week's topic is: Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition

1. Terra Elan McVoy

I love Terra Elan McVoy's writing - there's just something about it that makes it so easy to get lost in her stories, all of which I've loved.

2. Natalie Standiford

How to Say Goodbye in Robot is one of my favorite books of all time, and Natalie Standiford is amazing.

3. Anna Jarzab

I don't know if Anna Jarzab belongs on this list because she's getting so much attention for her newest novel Tandem, but I wish she would get some more recognition for her earlier contemporaries All Unquiet Things and The Opposite of Hallelujah, because they're so, so good.

4. Margie Gelbwasser

Both of Margie Gelbwasser's novels, Inconvenient and Pieces of Us, are amazing, in a dark, messed-up way. I get that they might be a little too dark for some readers, which explains why they haven't gotten too much attention, but still, I would love for more people to have read them.

5. Jo Knowles

Oh, Jo Knowles. I've read and loved each of her books, and Jumping Off Swings is one of my all-time favorites. I really don't know why more people haven't read them.


6. Steve Brezenoff

Both Brooklyn, Burning and The Absolute Value of -1 are so good, and I wish Brezenoff's books (and literary YA in general) would get some more recognition.

7. Laura Wiess

Laura Wiess's writing is amazing - I loved Such a Pretty Girl! Again, her books might be too dark for some people, but I wish more readers would give her a try.

I could only think of seven authors for this list, but oh well. What authors do you wish would get some more recognition?

1 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great post, I'll be sure to look up these authors. Jo Knowles is the one author I've read and she's amazing. I'm sure at some point readers will catch up with her!

    I'd like to add to the list two authors: (1) Pat Lowery Collins, author of YA, MG and picture books, her most recent being "Deer Watch" and "Daughter of Winter" and (2) Ellen Booraem, author of "Small Persons With Wings" and "Texting the Underworld." I love her wry sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...